Spotify is one of the most well-known music streaming platforms on the planet. You get access to millions of artists and songs at your fingertips. There are a few reasons why people cancel their Spotify accounts. The most common reason is to disconnect from Spotify services for good. Other people may want to delete their Spotify account to save money, especially if they don’t just want to switch from Spotify Premium to Spotify Free. In this guide, we’ll show you Step by Step How to Delete Spotify Account Permanently.
What is Spotify?
Spotify is a popular digital music streaming service that allows users to listen to a vast library of music tracks and other types of audio content over the Internet. Spotify provides access to a huge catalog of songs, albums and playlists from different artists and genres. Users can search for specific tracks, create their own playlists, and discover new music based on their preferences
Users can stream music online in real-time without the need to download tracks, making it easy to listen to a wide range of music from any device with an Internet connection. Spotify Premium subscribers have the option to download songs and playlists for offline listening. This is useful in situations where internet connectivity is unavailable, such as when traveling or in areas with limited connectivity.
How to Delete Spotify Account Permanently?
Here are the steps on how to permanently delete your Spotify account:
- At first, Open your safe Browser on your Android or Web device.
- Log in to your Spotify account.
- Click “Support” at the top of the page.
- Now, tab “Account Help” section.
- Then, head to the “Account help” section.
- click on “Closing your account and deleting your data.”
- On the “Closing Your Account and Deleting Your Data” page, the “No Premium?” Click on “Close your account and delete your data” under that.
- Click on “Close my account and delete my data”.
That’s It, Your Spotify Premium account delete is complete.
How to cancel Spotify subscriptions?
Here are the steps on how to cancel your Spotify subscription:
- Go to your Spotify account page. You can do this by opening the Spotify app and clicking on the profile icon in the top right corner. Then, select “Account”.
- Click on “Change Plan” under “Your Plan”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Cancel Premium”.
- Spotify will ask you to confirm your decision. Click “Cancel Premium” again to proceed.
- Your subscription will be canceled at the end of your current billing cycle.
You can cancel your subscription by contacting Spotify Support. If you subscribe to Spotify through a third party such as Apple or Google, you must cancel your subscription through that third party.
Reasons to delete a Spotify Account
There can be various reasons why someone might choose to delete their Spotify account. Here are some possible reasons:
- Switching to a different music service: If a user decides to switch to a different music streaming service, they may want to delete their Spotify account to avoid paying for multiple subscriptions.
- Privacy Concerns: Some users may be concerned about their personal information and privacy. Deleting their account can help limit their online footprint and reduce the amount of personal information shared.
- Cost: If a user wants to cut costs, they can delete their Spotify account to save money on subscription fees.
- Content Unavailability: If Spotify does not have music or podcasts of interest to a user, they may decide to delete their account and use a service that offers content they prefer.
- Account Hacked or Compromised: In the unfortunate event that an account is hacked or compromised, a user may choose to delete their account to protect their personal information and prevent unauthorized access.
- Limited usage: If a user finds that they are not using Spotify frequently enough to justify the subscription cost, they may decide to delete their account.
- Changing platforms or devices: If a user switches to a platform or device that Spotify does not support or prefers a different music player, they may choose to delete their account.
- Negative User Experience: If a user experiences compatibility technical issues, difficulty with the user interface, or other negative experiences, they may choose to delete their account out of frustration.
Can I recover my deleted Spotify account?
sure Here’s an overview of whether you can recover your deleted Spotify account:
- Yes, you can recover a deleted Spotify account within 7 days of deletion.
- After 7 days, your account will be permanently deleted and you will not be able to recover it.
- To recover your deleted account, you need to log in to your Spotify account using the same email address or Facebook account that you used to create the account.
- If you have forgotten your password, you can see the “Forgot Password?” You can reset it by clicking on . Link to Spotify login page.
- Once you are logged into your account, you need to click on the “Reactivate Account” button.
- Spotify will then send you an email with a link to reactivate your account. Click the link in the email and your account will be reactivated.
You can recover a deleted account only from a web browser. You can’t restore it from the Spotify app. If you have a Spotify Premium subscription, you will need to re-subscribe after you reactivate your account. Once you reactivate your account, you’ll be able to access all your playlists, saved songs, and other data.
I hope this article will help you on how to delete Spotify account. If you found this guide useful, consider sharing it with other Spotify users Also if any problem ask me in comment.