In Nigeria, the National Identification Number (NIN) has become an important identification tool for citizens and residents alike. With the Nigerian government’s mandate to link mobile phone numbers with NIN to enhance security and streamline services, it is imperative for Airtel customers to verify and update their NIN information.
Fortunately, Airtel has provided its customers with a convenient way to check their NIN numbers directly from their mobile devices, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements. In this article, we’ll show you step by step process of How To Check Your NIN Number on Airtel.
Importance of NIN
Before discussing the specifics of checking your NIN with Airtel, let’s clear understand why having a National Identification Number is important NIN acts as a unique identifier for individuals enabling efficient verification and authentication in various fields like banking, telecommunication, healthcare and more. It plays an important role in enhancing security, preventing identity theft and facilitating seamless service delivery.
Why Check Your NIN Number on Airtel?
As one of Nigeria leading telecommunications providers. Airtel is committed to ensuring compliance with regulatory directives while providing exceptional customer service. By linking your NIN with your Airtel mobile number you not only comply with government regulations. But also ensure uninterrupted access to Airtel range of calls, data and value-added offers.
How To Check Your NIN Number on Airtel?
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to check your National Identification Number (NIN) on the Airtel network in Nigeria:
- Dial the USSD code: Open your phone dialer and enter the code *346#. Press send.
- Select “NIN Retrieval”: You’ll see a menu with various options. Choose “1. NIN Retrieval”.
- Follow the prompts: Depending on whether you want to retrieve for the same number you used for registration or a different one, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Confirm fee & proceed: You’ll be informed about the N20 charge. If you agree, enter “1” to confirm and proceed.
- Receive your NIN: If successful, you’ll receive an SMS containing your 11-digit NIN.
You can also check your NIN online at the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) website: https://nimc.gov.ng/. However, you need a registered account and internet access. If you face any problem, contact Airtel Customer Care for assistance.
How to Link NIN on Airtel SIM?
Here is the all methods to link your NIN to your Airtel SIM card in Nigeria:
- Dial *121# on your Airtel line.
- Select “1. NIN Capture” by replying with “1”.
- Enter your 11-digit NIN and send.
- You’ll receive a confirmation message if successful.
- Send an SMS containing “NIN” followed by your 11-digit NIN to 121.
- Alternatively, send “START” to 121 and follow the prompts to link your NIN.
- Download and open the MyAirtel App.
- Log in with your registered Airtel number and password.
- Locate the “NIN” section or “VAS Services” option.
- Select “Link NIN” .
- Enter your 11-digit NIN and a valid email address.
- Verify your email address using the OTP sent.
- Wait for confirmation from the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC).
Checking your NIN number at Airtel is a simple process that can be completed within minutes using the provided USSD code. By linking your NIN to your Airtel mobile number, you contribute to efforts aimed at enhancing security and regulatory compliance in Nigeria. Make sure your NIN is up-to-date, stay informed, stay connected and enjoy seamless services offered by Airtel.